Friday, October 22, 2010

Pac-Man Grapefruit Photo

   When I was younger and learning about trading, money management, writing, and gaming from mentors, friends, and investors, I was also an artist. No, really, I was. I took a few art courses and convinced a few models to sit still for me for over 2 hours while I doodled their likenesses onto parchment.

   I was good but I never enjoyed 2D art. It was too one-dimensional. I tried sculpting figures in college but was never good at it so I gave that up. I do have appreciation for artists who are able to create works out of clay, stone, and in the case of today's Pac-Man photo, grapefruit.

   Pac-Man Grapefruit looks good and even has a weird tongue that protrudes outwards. Yes, I'm aware that Pac-Man in the original game didn't have a tongue but with all that fleshy pink grapefruit, the artist probably couldn't resist giving Pac a thick tongue.

1 comment:

  1. I have a funny story about this photo. I came across it randomly on some photo site and decided to save it. Sometime later I had been doing some yardwork, and I came up with the idea that I found this creature during my chore. I went on to describe how I had taken it to the local authorities who informed me it was a "Wild Pac" from Japan; the real-life inspiration for the video game. I shared all this nonsense on Facebook as a joke, and my SIL bought it all! Furthermore, she showed all her coworkers and stood up for me as a trustworthy source! I have played several practical jokes in my life, but nothing tops this. Convincing my parents Vana White had been replaced by a lookalike following a graphic on-air stroke, was a close second. Anyway, thank you so much for making this. It is part of one of my most favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete