Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pirates Smack Down Capcom's PC SSFIV plans

   It's easy to pirate on the PC. EASY. Of course, I've never done it but I have friends who do that shit. My neighbors pirate too. My cousin does it but I don't do it. I'm in the industry by way of my employer so I see first-hand how piracy affects software sales and our livelihood. 

   It's easy to pirate on the PC so it's no big surprise that Capcom has scrapped its plans to release Super Street Fighter IV on computers. Sales for the original Street Fighter IV on PC were good but Capcom reckons they could've been so much better if it wasn't for torrents, Rapidshare, newsgroups, and binsearch allowing anyone to leech the game and play without paying a damn dime. That sort of thing got in Capcom's craw. Sort of like how Jailbreak is busting on Sony's craw. So, what is the consequence of all that PC SFIV piracy? NO PC SSIV FOR YOU. Dismissed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment